Friday, April 28, 2017

Learning to be Still

Here lately, a Scripture verse that keeps coming to my attention is Psalm 46:10 which says: “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations.” Be still…..what does that look like? It seems that at this point in my life, things are slowing down for me whenever I “attempt” to take action on things. I’m so used to “doing” that I really haven’t taken the time to discover who I am in Christ. Every new person that I meet asks me, “What do you do?” Well, let’s see. I’m not a housewife or a mom, and because of panic attacks, I cannot hold down a full-time job. But God is good. I’m beginning to learn that my worth is not tied to what I can or cannot do. Accomplishments and goals can become idols if we are not careful. God simply asks us to do our very best with what He has given us. He wants us to be still in the love that He showers upon us, and He asks us to love Him in return by obeying His commandments. When we put aside distractions to spend one-on-one time with a Heavenly Father that’s crazy about us, that is what I’m discovering, it means to be still.


No comments:

Post a Comment