Friday, April 28, 2017

If God is Silent, He is Still Moving!

For the longest time, I’ve struggled personally with what God has wanted to do with my life. I’d attempted to become a PTA, and was even accepted into the school’s program. I ended up failing the program by a few points. So I tried again. The second time was the final time that I could try out. Then it happened. I ended up in a psychiatric ward for a couple of weeks, and fell behind in my classes. Mentally, I could not proceed in the program. I cried out to God the famous question that many people ask whenever their life falls apart: “God WHY?” Frustrations mounted for several years. God still seemed silent. I struggled on and off with bitterness…(the why’s kept coming) “God ,why can’t I be happily married like my friends and have children? Why couldn’t I even have the ability to hold a secretarial job, when it seemed like so many other women could multi-task?” (I have panic attacks) I’m finally learning, that God is a faithful God. He has been so good to me. And, as Dr. Tony Evans a minister in Dallas once preached, “Just because God is silent, does not mean that He is still!” So whatever hardships you are now encountering, please take heart in the fact that God loves you, and He has a wonderful plan for your life. That plan is fulfilled day by day, as you listen to Jesus, and step out in faith obeying what He asks you to do. He knows your struggles with your mental disabilities, and what’s even better, is the fact that He cares!  1 John 3:21-24


No comments:

Post a Comment